December 05, 214
Another week has flown by and it’s time for our Development Update. This week we have some big news to share!
Multisignature Address Support on Mainnet
The biggest update this week is the implementation of multisignature addresses feature. We’re happy to announce that this feature will become available on mainnet, both on counterpartyd (version 9.47) and Counterwallet, on block 333500.
Free Numeric Asset Names on Mainnet
We’ve pushed the numeric asset names feature on mainnet as well. You can now choose to create a free asset name and let Countewallet generate a numeric token for you, requiring you to pay only the Bitcoin miners fee.
Note that numeric asset names work just like alphanumeric ones, the only difference is in the form of the name.
New client versions
This week we’ve also released new versions of counterpartyd: v9.47.0 followed by v9.47.1. Here’s a list of all changes:
- v9.47.1 (2014-12-02)
- change first testnet block to 310000
- v9.47.0 (2014-12-01)
- multi‐signature address support (protocol change: 333500)
- numeric asset names (protocol change: 333500)
- kickstart functionality
- better process‐locking
- improvements to documentation
- graceful shutdown of processes
- faster server startup
- support for jmcorgan Bitcoin Core fork for block explorer
- change first testnet block to 281000
- make protocol changes always retroactive on testnet
In order to upgrade your Federated Node or standalone counterpartyd setups, follow the steps in our support article: Counterparty Federated Node and counterpartyd with Bitcoin-Qt and addrindex Patch.
Other Changes and Fixes
Other changes across our repositories this week include:
- updated BLOCK_FIRST_TESTNET to 310000
- implemented fully valid data public keys – data pubkeys are now first two of three
- corrected handling of current multi-sig testnet only support
- fixed tx_index and added cache for unconfirmed transactions
- added free numeric assets issuance tests
- moved tables creation queries from blocks.py to each transaction file (issue #193)
- implemented verification of hand-input private and public keys (check that provided public and private keys match source address) (issue #104)
- cleaned up value input and output in the CLI
- consolidated information about protocol changes (issue #458)
- implemented better version checking (issue #203)
- updated the setup.py script – added plyvel install to enable counterpartyd to read bitcoind data files directly for faster bootstrapping
- updated setup_federated_node.py script to work for version 9.47
- added image for tatianacoin
In order to stay up to date with our progress subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of this page and receive weekly updates via email.